Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God is TRYING to Tell You Something!

Psalm 46

A Song of the Sons of Korah
 1-3 God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him. 
   We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom, 
      courageous in seastorm and earthquake, 
   Before the rush and roar of oceans, 
      the tremors that shift mountains.

   Jacob-wrestling God fights for us, 
      
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us. 

 
4-6 River fountains splash joy, cooling God's city, 
      this sacred haunt of the Most High. 
   God lives here, the streets are safe, 
      God at your service from crack of dawn. 
   Godless nations rant and rave, kings and kingdoms threaten, 
      but Earth does anything he says. 

 
7 Jacob-wrestling God fights for us, 
      
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us. 

 
8-10 Attention, all! See the marvels of God
      He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, 
   Bans war from pole to pole, 
      breaks all the weapons across his knee. 
   "Step out of the traffic! Take a long, 
      loving look at me, your High God, 
      above politics, above everything." 

 
11 Jacob-wrestling God fights for us, 
      
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us.

===========================

Hey you...yeah, YOU.  I'm talking to you; the one staring at your screen just now.  Did you know that God is trying to take your mind off of all your junk right now?  Did you know that He WANTS to take care of all your problems?  Did you know that He doesn't want you to worry about ANYTHING?

How do I know this?  Do I have some special message from God?  My spiritual gift IS prophecy after all.  Well, yes, in fact I do have a special message from God.  It came directly from Him, and it is for YOU specifically.  You are reading this right now because this message is and always WAS intended for YOU to hear it right now at this very moment in time.

Go back and re-read Psalm 46 that I posted above.  It is taken from the paraphrase called "The Message".  Go re-read it in your favorite translation.  God has a message for you.

Did you see all those things He created?  He didn't do that for kicks.  He did that for YOU.  That incredible tree you saw today?  God made that for YOU.  Why?  Because He wants you to know He's here.  Yeah, right here, as in you see this screen you're staring at...yeah, there He is.  Turn to your left...you see that...He's there too.

Listen, you're NOT alone, no matter what you think.  He's here.  He's there too...I know you looked.  Yeah, He's over there too.  He's everywhere.  The great thing is that He's there because He WANTS to be with you specifically.  He loves you!  He wants you to have an abundant life.  He wants you to think about Him and Him alone, and not for you to worry about other stuff.

Yeah, you've got responsibilities, and you should take care of them, but have Him on your mind when you do.  In fact, talk to Him as you take care of them, and He will take care of you.

The God of the universe has a message for you today, so that's not the issue.  The issue is: are you even listening?  So stop, re-read Psalm 46, and then STOP.  Hush and listen.  Let Him do the talking.

And then be amazed.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Brian. I know i know this already...but i needed it.

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy, although I'm not sure what Christy I'm speaking to. :)

    Today's message was for me as much as anything. We are going through a very difficult situation that is more trying and complicated than I ever imagined it could be, and I needed to be reminded that no matter what happens, God really, REALLY wants the best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian...I am sitting here looking at my computer screen with tears in my eyes....amazed....I know that you are aware of my job situation.....and James and I have really been praying about what to do..I have to tell you this...I was getting ready to go to bed...and decided to look at my blackberry one last time (yes, I have a problem) and when I did-I pulled up your blog...with this post...I had just prayed AGAIN that the Lord would show me what to do, and help me to make the right desicion for my family....and then I read your blog post...that looks like it has my name on it!!!! I mean, if I didn't know better, I would have thought you wrote this one for me!!! My God is so Good....Thanks for sharing what God lays on your heart...I am sitting here, just as you said, amazed....

    ReplyDelete