Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today is my 2 Year Anniversary of Being Called To Sunnyside, 2 Weeks Into Low Carb Update, and Massive Truck Wreck





































































Well, you're probably wondering about those pictures up there, but I'll get to that in a minute...first things first.

First of all: Today is my 2 year anniversary of being called to Sunnyside! Thank you Jesus!

I began this phase of Low Carb 2 weeks ago today at 215 pounds. Today I am 204 pounds! 11 pounds gone in 2 weeks! That's pretty exciting for me.

As for the pictures, Emmi and I were absolutely CREAMED by a driver that wasn't paying attention yesterday around 5:30pm. We were on 36 going from Kingsport to Gray and we were completely stopped behind 2 other cars while waiting on the car in front to turn left. THANKFULLY I left about 11 feet between me and the vehicle in front of us. I had been stopped about 15 seconds and I looked up and here came a 2001 Nissan Frontier barreling down on us at full speed (around 40-50 miles an hour), and she didn't even slow down a bit and just RAMMED us HARD! Emmi of course was scared out of her mind and crying, but we are both fine.

You can see some of what it did to my truck, but the woman that hit us broke her hand, was cut up, and burned a little bit. Her truck was totaled. I didn't have my camera at the accident site, so I didn't get a picture, but trust me, that truck is gone to pickup heaven, a sacrificial lamb for a driver who was in too big of a hurry to pay attention to her surroundings.

Why did God do this? Well, I'm not totally sure, but I got to witness to the lady and everyone around her! It was great, and I'm grateful God offered me the opportunity to share my faith when otherwise I'd have just kept driving down the road to get home.

Well, time to go. Wednesdays are busy, busy, busy. For more pictures you can see my Facebook page (for those of you that are on my friends list).
=======================
Weekly Weight Loss Update:
9-9-09: 215
9-16-09: 208
9-23-09: 204

No comments:

Post a Comment